A staple snack in the south, it is difficult to drive down the highway in the Summer without running into a roadside stand selling "BOLLD P-NUTS" and the keg boiling beside the truck. Do it at home and get the same great taste!
- Pour green peanuts into very large stockpot.
- Fill with water, until pot is about 2/3 full leaving enough room for the pot to boil without overflowing.
- Pour in salt and stir into water.
- Turn on high heat and bring water to a boil.
- Turn heat on low or med-low and keep it at a low boil or simmer.
- Cook 10-12 hours slowly, stirring occasionally and taste water to see if salt is needed.
- Turn off heat and allow to soak for an hour or two. Soaking allows the peanuts to really get the brine taste.
- Reheat when you are ready to eat.
Been looking for a recipe for boiled peanuts since I lived in Savannah in the 70's! Thanks!
Absolutely fantastic <br/>Thanks Mag....