Recipe by OhMyStars!
One of perhaps three worthwhile recipes I took from a high school Home Ec class many years ago. I've played with it over the years, and this seems to be a good balance of flavors and textures.
Top Review by jewhitman
Thank you, Thank you!!!!!! I have been looking for this recipe for soooo long. I remember having it as a kid and I am so excited to have found it. I used the recipe exactly and it turned out perfect! I sprinkled mini colored marshmallows and it is so precious! Thanks again!
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip (or equivalent)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows (more or less to taste)
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare lime jello as directed, set to soft-set stage in fridge.
- Gently fold in additional ingredients in fair sized bowl.
- Pour into a mold or cake pan.
- Let set in refrigerator for another 4-5 hours.
- Unmold using warm water dip technique.
- Use only 8 oz of cool whip for fresher taste.