Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This was my favorite part of family holidays when I was younger. My grandmother would always make multiples - one with nuts, one without, and one for me to take home, since she knew how much I loved it.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lime gelatin (Jell-O brand works best)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (NOT low-fat)
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Follow directions on gelatin box to prepare gelatin. Let set until syrupy (soft-set).
- Add pineapple, cream cheese, whipping cream, and optional nuts. Mix all ingredients together in a mixer.
- Turn into a mold and let sit in refrigerator until fully firm.
- Turn out from mold onto plate. Cut into sections and enjoy.
Very excellent, but then that comes from someone who was raised on jello & loves it! I especially like the use of cream cheese in this, & I did switch the nuts from walnuts to pistachios! Thanks for a great, nostalgic experience1 [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]