Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Julie Backus' "Italian Cooking"
- 350 g risotto rice
- 1⁄2 kg spinach, fresh
- 1 pinch fresh parsley
- 1 bunch fresh basil, fresh and chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, fresh and chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g butter
- 150 g gorgonzola
- 50 g of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 liters vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- Saute garlic in olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion and half the butter.
- Remove the garlic once it has turned brown.
- Add the herbs.
- Add the spinach.
- Salt to taste.
- Cover the skillet until the spinach reduces in half.
- Add the rice.
- Ladle in the broth as rice absorbs the liquid.
- Add the gorgonzola and pepper 3 minutes before the rice is completely cooked.
- Add parmesan and butter just before serving.
I love LOVE LOVE the freshness in this dish. The fresh herbs were so beautifully paired up. Thank you for this dish!!!! Made and reviewed for FALL PAC 2009
This was just delicious! I used Danish blue cheese and didn't quite have enough, so used up a little cream cheese spread with it. I went out to the herb garden and could'nt help myself, I added some fresh lemon thyme, oregano and chives too. Thank you for a delicious supper! Made for the Chef Alphabet Soup game.