Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Foods with a Foreign Flavor textbook - posted for ZWT5. You can substitute any salad greens you enjoy.
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, halved & cut into wedges
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 1 (12 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons sesame seed oil (regular or hot)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- FOR SALAD: Combine assorted salad greens, broken into bite-sized pieces and chopped red cabbage. Mix cheese and carrot until blended; shape into small balls and place on salad greens. Arrange onion slices and tomato wedges on top of the lettuce.
- FOR DRESSING: Use blender or food processor to combine all ingredients. Alternatively, you may whisk all ingredients together by hand until well combined.
- TO SERVE: Drizzle dressing over the salad and enjoy!
This was a quick and easy salad to prepare - a bonus on a Friday night. I got mixed reviews on the dressing some really liked and others thought it was a little tart. Made for ZWT5