Adapted from Yankee magazine, from an article on elegant picnic foods. Choose a mixture of whichever green herbs you prefer or have handy. I personally like tarragon and mint. Mix several types together. Prep time does not include chilling time. This looks very pretty when served in a decorative glass bowl, so you can see the pretty mint green color. You might want to serve this atop mixed salad greens with other veggies or use as a sandwich filling. When poaching chicken, I often use part water, part white wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise or 1 cup regular mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream or 1/2 cup regular sour cream
- 1 cup fresh green herbs, packed,plus more if needed (a blend of tarragon, basil, parlsey, thyme and/or mint)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped,plus more if needed (green & white parts)
- seasoning salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1Place raw chicken breasts into a large pot and cover with water.
- 2Bring to just a boil, then lower the heat enough to keep it simmering, but no longer boiling, with the lid on but vented slightly.
- 3Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes or so.
- 4Drain and let cool slightly, then chop into large chunks.
- 5Mix together remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, tasting and adding salt and pepper to your liking.
- 6Toss dressing and chicken cubes together (and if you like you can add in a little extra chopped herbs & green onions).
- 7Chill well before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Herbed Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.2
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 76.3 mg
- Sodium 128.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh green herbs