Recipe by abraham r.
a herby type of rice dish!
Top Review by railfunny
This was really good. I thought it might be too many herbs, but the steaming made them mellow and balanced. I also tried a variation on this dish using orzo pasta, green peas, and a dash of salt, which was also good, but not as good as the rice version.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 4 -5 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- combine onions,dill weed,parsley, and cilantro in a bowl & mix well.
- heat butter, margarine or ghee in a skillet over medium heat.
- swirl pan to coat bottom pour in 1/2 of the cooked rice & sprinkle with 1/2 of the herb mixture.
- add remaning rice & sprinkle with remaning herb mixture. do not mix.
- cover & steam over low heat for 30 minutes.