Prep 12 mins
Cook 45 mins
a herby type of rice dish!
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 4 -5 cups cooked rice
- combine onions,dill weed,parsley, and cilantro in a bowl & mix well.
- heat butter, margarine or ghee in a skillet over medium heat.
- swirl pan to coat bottom pour in 1/2 of the cooked rice & sprinkle with 1/2 of the herb mixture.
- add remaning rice & sprinkle with remaning herb mixture. do not mix.
- cover & steam over low heat for 30 minutes.
This was really good. I thought it might be too many herbs, but the steaming made them mellow and balanced. I also tried a variation on this dish using orzo pasta, green peas, and a dash of salt, which was also good, but not as good as the rice version.
This is a must try dish!I've had a lot of times rice with herbs while in Iran,but never dared to make it myself. Their version is very green,but this was so easy to follow and the taste really came through.Fresh herbs are a must in this recipe.I've used Recipe #53546.Thanks for sharing.