Recipe by Manami
I just received this in a newsletter from the BarefootContessa.com site. She is writing a new book, filming new shows and has developed some more mixes for her line. Check it out, all of you Ina Garten fans. Update 10/15/06...added crushed red pepper flakes and when made, all I had was cream cheese with scallions & chives, it turned out great!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup good mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup chopped scallion, white and green parts (about 3 scallions)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, scallions, parsley, dill, salt and peppers in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Pulse 10-12 times, until just blended but not puréed.
- Serve at room temperature with fresh vegetables, yellow corn chips, and garlic toasted pita chips.