A stuffed pastry from Azerbaijan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the greens, chop them and stew with the onions.
- 2Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix thoroughly.
- 3In a bowl, mix butter, and eggs into wheat flour. Add water if needed to form a stiff dough.
- 4Roll out the dough and cut out round pieces about 3 inches in diameter.
- 5Place a spoonful of greens filling on one side, fold into a semi circle, and crimp the edges.
- 6Brown both sides on a dry griddle or frying pan.
- 7To serve, spread some butter on each gutab, and offer yogurt on the side.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Gutab
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.2
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.6 mg
- Sodium 67.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: