Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A stuffed pastry from Azerbaijan.
- 150 g spinach
- 150 g sorrel
- 15 g coriander leaves (or Dill)
- 15 g parsley
- 50 g spring onions
- 20 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 140 g wheat flour
- Wash the greens, chop them and stew with the onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix thoroughly.
- In a bowl, mix butter, and eggs into wheat flour. Add water if needed to form a stiff dough.
- Roll out the dough and cut out round pieces about 3 inches in diameter.
- Place a spoonful of greens filling on one side, fold into a semi circle, and crimp the edges.
- Brown both sides on a dry griddle or frying pan.
- To serve, spread some butter on each gutab, and offer yogurt on the side.