Recipe by Girl from India
From the Sunday Mid-day. Storing it here for easy reference.
Top Review by mianbao
This makes a nice marinade for chicken. And it is very green, too. I used European style plain yogurt in place of curds, and followed the recipe otherwise. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 200 g curds
- 5 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 10 -12 mint leaves
- 6 green chilies
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 inch gingerroot
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and wash the chicken breasts.
- Make slits in them with a knife.
- Hang the curds to drain in a muslin cloth for about 20 mins.
- Grind the coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger, garlic and green chilli to a coarse paste.
- Mix this paste into the hung curd.
- Add salt and oil and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in this paste for 2 hours or more.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C and grill the chicken till it is cooked.
- You can baste with the marinade at regular intervals and turn the chicken breasts over when they are cooking.
- Serve hot.