Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Ina Garten and the food network.
- 113.39 g french string bean, ends removed (haricots verts)
- kosher salt
- 113.39 g sugar snap pea, ends and strings removed
- 113.39 g asparagus, ends removed
- 226.79 g Broccolini, ends removed
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 3 large shallots, sliced
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- Blanch the string beans in a large pot of boiling salted water for 1 minute only. Lift the beans from the water with a slotted spoon or sieve and immerse them in a bowl of ice water.
- Add the snap peas to the same boiling water and cook for 1 minute, until al dente, adding them to the ice water and the beans.
- Cut the asparagus into 2-inch lengths diagonally and cook in the boiling water for 2 minutes, and add to the ice water.
- Cut the broccolini in half, boil for 1 minute, and add to the ice water. When all the vegetables in the water are cold, drain well.
- When ready to serve, heat the butter and oil in a very large saute pan or large pot. Saute the shallots over medium heat for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add the drained vegetables to the shallots with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper and toss. Cook just until the vegetables are heated through. Serve hot.
The perfect combination of fresh green vegetables to welcome in the new season. fabulous dish!
This is for me because I am a green vegetable lover. Did make a few adjustments (matter of taste) and added some fresh ginger and dillweed. Could not find broccolini (almost impossible where I live) but substituted broccoli crowns. Thanks for submitting.
I found these a bit too much trouble for the taste. I guess I like a bit of different colors in my veggies also. Sorry three stars are the best I can do.