Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this for dessert or arrange it on a leaf of butter lettuce as a salad. I made this and served it over baby spinach leaves. I'm not a big fan of feta cheese, for me a little goes a LONG way. So I made an extra side of the dressing and poured it over the fruit, and used freshly grated parmesan cheese instead. From Eating Well magazine... NOTE: Prep time is cooking time.
- 113.39 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 9.85 ml honey (I used raw honey)
- fresh ground pepper
- 591.47 ml green seedless grapes (about 1 pound)
- 1 pear, ripe but firm (Bartlett or Anjou)
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Place feta in a small bowl.
- Drizzle with oil and honey. Add pepper and toss gently.
- Shortly before serving, halve grapes lengthwise.
- Gently toss grapes and pear slices.
- Scatter the feta over the fruit.
- Garnish with basil.
So good! Did not use the pear - used canteloupe instead. Canteloupe is in season right now and pears are not, and I always try to buy seasonally. This was delicious - we often enjoy feta with our fruit. The basil was a nice touch. Thanks.
Simply wonderful! I made the recipe as stated except I had to substitute the fresh basil with fresh oregano and bosc pears as that was what was fresh locally for me. I also love feta cheese and added a little extra. Thx. for posting such a pretty recipe.
Delicious and unique salad!!! I love the tanginess of the feta mixed with the sweet flavors of the grapes, pears, and honey!! I did use 2 pears instead of 1 because I had some pretty small pears. Love this salad, will make again!!