Recipe by FloridaNative
Serve this for dessert or arrange it on a leaf of butter lettuce as a salad. I made this and served it over baby spinach leaves. I'm not a big fan of feta cheese, for me a little goes a LONG way. So I made an extra side of the dressing and poured it over the fruit, and used freshly grated parmesan cheese instead. From Eating Well magazine... NOTE: Prep time is cooking time.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
So good! Did not use the pear - used canteloupe instead. Canteloupe is in season right now and pears are not, and I always try to buy seasonally. This was delicious - we often enjoy feta with our fruit. The basil was a nice touch. Thanks.
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey (I used raw honey)
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups green seedless grapes (about 1 pound)
- 1 pear, ripe but firm (Bartlett or Anjou)
- 6 -8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced