From Gourmet Magazine. This is a nice twist on regular potato salad. Cook time also includes time to cool the potatoes.
- 3⁄4 lb green beans
- 3 lbs cooked small boiling potatoes, cooled and quartered
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar or 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 flat anchovy fillets, chopped or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook beans in a 3-quart saucepan of boiling salted water, uncovered, until tender crisp, 3-5 minutes.
- Drain in a sieve, then plunge the sieve into a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Drain again, pat beans dry and then cut into 1/4 inch pieces and put in a large bowl with the potatoes.
- Pulse mayonnaise, vinegar, scallions, anchovies, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper in a food processor, or blender, until dressing is pale green and herbs are finely chopped.
- Stir into potato mixture.