Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this on the Taste Spotting Blog. They showcase it on a grilled cheese with mozzarella, avocado and spinach. I can imagine many other uses.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 -2 anchovy fillet (in oil)
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 handful chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 handful chopped kale
- 2 -3 tablespoons tarragon, chopped fresh
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pulse garlic, anchovy, and shallot in food processor until chopped. With the food processor running, add lemon juice, parsley, kale, tarragon and chives. (It won’t process very well yet, don’t worry).
- Very slowly drizzle in olive oil until kale and herbs get sufficiently chopped and everything is the consistency of a pesto. You may need more or less of the olive oil depending on how big a “handful” of herbs is to you. You can also turn off the food processor and push herbs down the side of the bowl with a spatula every once in a while.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper (You probably won’t need too much salt if you used 2 anchovies).