Recipe by Julesong
This recipe from Gourmet magazine is a nice change of pace from your regular old green beans! If you like Green Goddess salad dressing, you’ll like these beans. :)
Top Review by Scrapbook Lori
I am not rating this dish in fairness, as I think this was a matter of taste, and not of the recipe. The dressing flavor was really good, I think it was a matter of the green beans being cold that was abit hard getting used to. Thank you for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a 6 to 8 quart pot full of water, add a teaspoon of salt, and bring it to a boil.
- Prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Place the beans in the salted boiling water, uncovered, and cook until just tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a colander, drain, and immediately plunge into the bowl of ice water to halt the cooking.
- When the beans have cooled, drain and pat dry.
- In a blender, combine the parsley, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, lemon juice, anchovy paste, salt, and pepper, and blend until smooth to make the dressing.
- Place beans in a bowl and combine with the dressing; toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: you can make the dressing 1 day ahead and store covered in refrigerator, if desired.