Recipe by blucoat
This Bon Appétit Magazine recipe (March 2002) packs a lot of flavour but is very low in calories. It is great on green salads, sliced tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, or as a dip. You can substitute the yogurt for nonfat sour cream. Makes about 1 1/4 cups. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 1 cup packed arugula or 1 cup watercress leaf
- 3⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt (or more)
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon packed of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook arugula or watercress in medium saucepan of boiling water 30 seconds. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain again. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Transfer arugula or watercress to blender. Add 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt and all remaining ingredients and puree until smooth, thinning with more yogurt or water, if desired.
- Transfer dressing to bowl. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.