Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original recipe from the chef at the Palace Hotel, San Francisco; circa 1925. It remains a popular dressing.
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovies packed in oil, undrained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- black pepper
- In a blender or processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Cover & refrigerate until needed (up to one week). Dressing thickens slightly with chilling.