Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fresh herbs give this classic dip its clean, fresh flavor and distinctive green color. From the America's Test Kitchen Cookbook.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Process all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate until the flavors have blended, at least 1 hour. Can be made up to 24 hours in advance, but add fresh lemon juice salt and pepper just before serving.
- Serve chilled with crackers or crudites.
Unfortunately I had to use dried tarragon, but I did make this last night and let it sit so the flavors could blend! I used Fat Free sourcream and mayonaise for dietary reasons and I really enjoyed this today as a snack with some baby carrots! Thanks for posting! I loved this! [Made for Holiday Tag March 2010]
Delicious how I changed this. I used (thick) Balkan yogurt instead of the sour cream, Hellmans olive oil mayonnaise to be soy free. The fresh parsley but dried chives and no tarragon. I served along with crudities. I would make this again as I did and serve it the same way. Made for Everyday's a Holiday March 2010.
Yum! Easy to make and really tasty! I halved the recipe and served with carrots, celery, cucumber and tomatoes! I didn't have fresh tarragon, so used dried. A great lunch! Thanks Kelly! Made for the PRMR game.