Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great salad that can be used as a meal on a hot summer day. Uses imitation crab meat, but feel free to sub cooked shrimp or even chicken or tuna.
- 1 (16 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 1 (8 ounce) package shell pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons green goddess salad dressing mix
- 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta till al dente. Rinse with cold water and set aside to drain.
- Mix crab and veggies. Add to pasta.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, milk and dressing mix.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix. Add cheddar and mix through. Chill for 30 minutes to set flavors.
- Enjoy on a bed of lettuce with crackers of your choice.
I made this last night for dinner. I did add some tiny shrimp along with the crabmeat to make a "seafood" salad. I also added a little chopped celery. The flavor is amazing. I can't wait to eat the leftovers tonight. Thank you for posting! :)
I am a huge fan of Green Goddess salad dressing, that's what appealed to me when looking at this recipe. I made this for a small group and served with sliced avocado and everyone raved about it. So easy to make, and Was a definite keeper. Thanks for Sharing, ~V
I really changed this recipe according to what I had in the refridgerator. I just want to thank you for giving me a great way to put it all together. Rotini pasta instead of shell, radishes instead of cucumbers, some green onions and a few sliced black olives and avocado rounded out this salad for me. DH loved it and I will definately make again.