Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
I have tryed many Green Goddess dressings this one has become my favorite, I have listed low-fat mayo and sour cream of coarse you may go the full-fat route --- plan ahead the dressing needs to chill for at least 4 hours before using even better if left for 24 hours, cooking time is chilling time --- for a nice change try this in a pasta salad in place of just mayonnaise, do not thin with buttermilk if using for a pasta salad :)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (may increase the amount if desired)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or use tarragon white wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon (or use 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- buttermilk (to thin if desired)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a blender or processor; blend until smooth.
- If the dressing is too thick add in a litle buttermilk to thin then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for a minumum of 4 hours before using.
Yum! This went so well with Green Salad With Candied Pumpkin Seeds! I halved the recipe, used rice vinegar, regular mayo, light sour cream, and dried tarragon. Thanks you Kitten!