Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on recipe from Chez Panisse. Great on salads, salmon, etc. Or is nice dip.
- 7 ounces avocados
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 anchovy, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, fresh and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, fresh and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh and chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- Blend first 7 ingredients until a coarse puree forms.
- With machine running, gradually add oil through feed tube and blend well.
- Transfer to bowl and whisk in cream.
- Add everything else and whisk to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours. Be careful, it will separate if not chilled.
- Before serving let stand at room temp 30 minutes and rewhisk.
- Can be made a day ahead.