Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This a recipe from Serious Eats that DH and I love. It can be used a main dish or a side dish with grilled fish or chicken. It uses Green Giant frozen baby limas and corn.
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (9 ounce) boxgreen giant baby lima beans
- 1 (10 ounce) boxgreen giant frozen corn, in butter sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- green onion, sliced (optional)
- In a fine sieve rinse quinoa under cold running for 1 minute.
- Drain well.
- In a 2 quart saucepan heat quinoa and water to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, cook lima beans as directed on package and drain.
- Cook corn as directed on package, do not drain/.
- Place corn and lima beans into a 10 inch skillet.
- Add paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Stir in cooked quinoa and tomatoes.
- Cook over medium heat: stirring frequently 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions, optional.