Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This a recipe from Serious Eats that DH and I love. It can be used a main dish or a side dish with grilled fish or chicken. It uses Green Giant frozen baby limas and corn.
- In a fine sieve rinse quinoa under cold running for 1 minute.
- Drain well.
- In a 2 quart saucepan heat quinoa and water to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, cook lima beans as directed on package and drain.
- Cook corn as directed on package, do not drain/.
- Place corn and lima beans into a 10 inch skillet.
- Add paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Stir in cooked quinoa and tomatoes.
- Cook over medium heat: stirring frequently 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions, optional.