Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups coarsely-chopped seeded peeled cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely-chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely-chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely-chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed crustless white bread (2 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- additional olive oil
- Puree first 8 ingredients in food processor.
- Add bread and let stand until soggy, about 2 minutes.
- Puree until smooth.
- Mix in 1 1/2 cups water.
- Transfer gazpacho to large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- (Gazpacho can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.) Divide gazpacho among 4 bowls.
- Place thinly sliced romaine in center of each serving.
- Sprinkle lettuce with crabmeat and chives, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve immediately.