Recipe by Hello Duckie
This is a yummy dish even for those a little shy of fish. I've made this recipe so often that I have forgotten where it came from. It could have been Better Homes and Gardens. It also goes well with Coconut and Cashew Rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cm ginger
- 2 large green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 6 cardamom pods
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 kg thick boneless white fish
- 1⁄3 cup roughly chopped coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add garlic, ginger chili and turmeric and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Stir in coconut milk, cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon stick, curry leaves, salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Add fish and simmer for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Serve fish on banana leaves, spoon over sauce.