Recipe by Viva Forever
Pan fried white fish marinated in green chutney type mix imparts a very different but delicious flavor. I got the recipe from a really old cookbook in Urdu language. I doubt if its still in print but my parents had the book since when i was a toddler.
- 4 fish fillets, pomfrait (I used catfish or any other 4 fillets)
- 1 fresh green chile (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- salt, according to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry the fish.
- Grind the mint, cilantro, chilies, salt and lemon juice together to make a smooth, fine paste.
- Smear the fish with this paste, making sure it gets in the nooks and crannies of the fillets.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Pan fry the fish at very low heat, so you can barely hear it cooking.
- Flip to the other side when one side is cooked.
- This fish will be very colorful and green and will look very vibrant when served.