Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Complex, luscious hot chocolate that will put that special green spark in the eyes of your decadent beloved.
- 4 tablespoons of top quality cocoa powder (Ghirardelli for example)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 4 cups scalding hot milk (not boiling)
- 1⁄2 cup of grated dark chocolate
- 2 ounces green chartreuse liqueur
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Mix the three first ingredients in a pot until it results in a thick and muddy dark brown paste.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly.
- Add the grated chocolate and keep whisking until it has melted.
- Add the Chartreuse and the cayenne, whisk and reheat on the stove until it almost reaches the boiling point.