Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
In honor of Valentine's Day, I present the "Jealousy Cookie", or the "Horny Toad Cookie". The more kid-friendly name because this is, after all, a monster cookie with only green M&M's, and everyone knows that the Green Eyed Monster is Jealousy; the black sheep relative of Love. The not-so-kid-friendly name is because most everyone is aware that green M&M's, *ahem*...increase romantic inclinations...
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
- 4 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 12 ounces plain M&M's (green ( measurement is apprx.)
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup rough chopped walnuts
- Mix the ingredients in the order given. This is easy to do by hand and you don't need a mixer.
- The M&M's, chips, and nuts can vary to your preference and only need a stir by hand to incorporate them. Don't let them get mashed by your mixer.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 12-15 minutes.
- Also, you can do these as bar cookies and they are FABULOUS. Spray 9x13 pan with oil, dump the dough in (I used about 3/4 of the recipe) and mash it to an even consistency. Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350*.