Recipe by Amber of AZ
Green Enchiladas is a dish that you make knowing you are looking forward to the leftovers. I love the creaminess and tang of the sauce.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Very easy! It could use a little more zip - as it stands it would be great for kids or people who don't like spicy food. The only green sauce I could find without MSG was the Archer Farms brand at Target and a 12 oz jar with all other ingredients the same filled 8 six-inch corn tortillas.
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) jar green chili salsa
- 10 corn tortillas or 10 fat free flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches in diameter)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken (leftovers from Crockpot Chicken Taco Meat recipe by Recipezaar is really good in this dish) or 2 1⁄2 cups refried beans (depending of course if you want meat or not)
- 1 cup shredded fat-free monterey jack cheese
- sour cream, for topping if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir 1 cup sour cream into salsa.
- Dip each tortilla into sauce to coat both sides.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the chicken or beans onto each tortilla; roll up.
- Place seam sides down in ungreased rectangular baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.