Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
Found but haven't tried, but it just sounded good and easy......I am a sucker for those recipies :) Seems like there is a lot of chances for substituting which might make this dish speedy andsavory at the same time. If you try you'll have to let me know how it turned out
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large white onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces green chilies (drained & chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach chicken in a small skillet or saucpan with water to cover until done, about 15-20mins.
- Remove from water , cool lightly & shred into small bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Melt butter and saute onions in small skillet, until onions are tener, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray large casserole ish with cooking spray.
- Steam spinach in a steamer, or colander. Drain, reserving 1/2C of the cooking liquid.
- Let spinach cool slightly ; chop coarsely.
- Combine the onion, spinach, sour cream, chilies, cumin, red pepper, reserved spinach liquid, & milk. mix well & season to taste with salt.
- Add 1/2 the sauce to the shredded chicken and mix well.
- Place the tortillasin the oven to soften(about 3 mins.) and remove.
- Fill the tortillas with equal amounts of filling& roll up.
- Place the rolled tortialls seam side down in 1 layer in the prepared casserole.
- Cover with 1/2 the cheese and top with the remaining sauce; sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.