Recipe by Ms. Poppy
A great topping for enchiladas and dip for tortilla chips. This also freezes well. If you want more of a salsa verde, don't process in the food processor as long.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped (remove seeds and membranes if desired)
- 2 lbs tomatillos, husked and quartered
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat onion until tender. Meanwhile process tomatillos, green peppers, jalapenos and cilantro in a food process or blender until smooth (or chunky, if desired), work in batches, add some of the broth if needed. After the onion have cooked, stir in garlic and let it cook for a minute. Add the tomatillo mixture, broth and cumin. Bring to a boil and boil until desired consistency, stir frequently.