Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a work in progress. It was suggested to me that green enchilada sauce far exceeds red enchilada sauce in taste, so I figure I should find out by making my own. This is an amalgamation of recipes # 55478, 181743 & 31704, not to mention what I could find in the grocery store at the time!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 anaheim chili, chopped
- 1⁄2 poblano pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons jalapenos, jarred sliced, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatillos
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add rest of the ingredients, breaking up tomatillos with back of spoon.
- Puree with an immersion blender (or blender of your choice) and simmer until desired texture.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.