- 1 lb tomatillo, washed & cut in halves
- 2 medium white onions, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups anaheim chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped or 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauce pan, place the olive oil, onions and garlic and saute until soft.
- Add the broth,tomatillos, cumin, chili powder and green chilies and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Continue cooking until the tomatillos are soft.
- Cool until room temperature.
- Using a blender of food processer, blend until smooth.