Recipe by carolinafan
From Southern Living Magazine.
Top Review by Julie in TX
This is the best casserole! If you like chicken enchiladas, but hate to take the time to roll them, this recipe is for you. I do let the casserole sit for a few minutes after I take it out of the oven before serving and it's wonderful. If you're fortunate enough to have leftovers, it's just as good the second day.
- 72 inches corn tortillas, broken in pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (5 ounce) can white chicken meat, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange tortillas in bottom of 2-quart shallow casserole; set aside.
- Combine soup, milk, chicken, chiles, and onion in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Pour chicken mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.