Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southern Living Magazine.
- 72 inches corn tortillas, broken in pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (5 ounce) can white chicken meat, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Arrange tortillas in bottom of 2-quart shallow casserole; set aside.
- Combine soup, milk, chicken, chiles, and onion in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Pour chicken mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
This is the best casserole! If you like chicken enchiladas, but hate to take the time to roll them, this recipe is for you. I do let the casserole sit for a few minutes after I take it out of the oven before serving and it's wonderful. If you're fortunate enough to have leftovers, it's just as good the second day.