Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Found this one while on vacation in the Ruidoso newspaper. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds really good. Let me know!
Top Review by CoffeeB
A great mexican dish that is oh so easy. I chose to use ground beef for my meat of choice and doubled the amount to two pounds. Other than using 6 flour tortillas (mine were fajita size) I still kept with the same amount of other ingredients omitting the water entirely. I like the idea of using evaporated milk as it seems to have made the sauce more creamier. Made for Going Green in KK's forum~
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 12 corn tortillas
- 10 3⁄4 ounces low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -6 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1 lb cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and drain.
- Break tortillas in small pieces.
- Layer tortillas, meat, cheese and onion until all are used in a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over layers. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.