Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spinach soufflé adds color and nutrition to these cheesy biscuits. From Southern Living Magazine.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefrozen spinach souffle, thawed
- 2 3⁄4 cups baking mix
- 1 (3 ounce) packageshredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 lb thinly sliced baked ham
- Stir together spinach souffle and next three ingredients with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times. Pat or roll dough to a 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a 2 inch round cutter. Place at least 1/2 inch apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned.
- Mix butter and brown mustard. When biscuits are browned, let cool for 10 minutes; split and spread with butter/mustard mixture.
- Add baked ham. Serve.
What a delightful little treat! I suppose these could be appetizers but I served them for breakfast. The butter and mustard combo was the perfect addition to the spinach biscuits and ham. Loved these - thanks for sharing the recipe!