Recipe by pammyowl
This kid pleasing meal is based on a family favorite and of course, inspired by story time with Dr Seuss. I adapted the recipe by using light cream instead of the usual sour cream and it turned out even better! Creamy, delicious goodness and a quick to make solution for busy family schedules!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
We absolutely loved this dish. I had to make some adjustments due to dietary needs, though: Instead of the cream I used Greek sheep yoghurt and almond cream, mixed with some water and cornstarch. For the ham, I used turkey ham, and the noodles were gluten free spinach noodles. I'll make this any time again, it was real comfort food! Thanks for sharing :D
- 8 ounces dry spinach noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1⁄8 cup horseradish cream (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter.
- Add spices, stir in wine to deglaze pan.
- Stir in horseradish, if using, .
- and stir in the pan with the rest of the ingredients. Add the Parmesan, gently simmer while you cook the noodles.
- Cook and drain the noodles.
- Toss the noodles with the sauce, taste for seasonings, adjust if needed.