Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I wanted to make some "Green Eggs & Ham" so I thought this up.
- Make the pesto sauce: Place 4oz. fresh basil leaves, about 6 or 8 baby bella mushrooms, 2 Tbsps pine nuts, 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese and 2 or 3 garlic cloves into the food processor.
- While the processor is running stream about 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil through feed tube until pesto is of desired consistency (I left it running while I got everything else ready).
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, mix in about 1/4 cup of the pesto and scramble. (The recipe makes about 2 cups of pesto, you can save it, use it on some pasta, or make A LOT of eggs. It's your choice.).
- Meanwile, saute the ham in butter and olive oil (the olive oil prevents the butter from burning).
- Add the egg mixture to the ham and cook until done.
This was a hit, once I got the kids to try it. I made my own pesto using a spinach pesto recipe from Zaar. It was a great dinner served with fresh fruit.