Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fun, kid-friendly version of green eggs and ham to enjoy while reading the ever-so-famous Dr. Seuss' book, Green Eggs and Ham. A great recipe to share with your child's classroom teacher or to cook with your child. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 4 slices ham
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 -2 drop food coloring, green
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt one teaspoon of butter in a pan over medium heat. Add ham and brown until slightly crisp.
- Remove ham from pan, transfer to plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Beat eggs and milk with a whisk until frothy. Add food coloring to your liking.
- Heat one tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture to the pan and stir with a spatula until eggs are firm, not runny.
- Transfer to plate and serve with ham and buttered toast.