Just want Sam-I-Am to know I DO like Green Eggs 'n' Ham, & one of the easiest ways to enjoy 'em is by making a recipe like this! Obviously this recipe is for a group [or someone who REALLY, REALLY likes green eggs]! [I use ONLY Del Monte brand Sweet Pickle Relish, 'cause many of the other brands have a large amount of hig fructose corn syrup.] The 23-minute cooking time for the hard-cooked eggs is not included in preparation time.
- Carefully cut eggs into halves lengthwise. Just as carefully, scoop out yolks & into a bowl.
- Mash yolks well, then mix in mayo, mustard & relish.
- Add green food color ONE DROP AT A TIME, mixing well after EACH drop, until desired intensity of green is achieved.
- Add chopped ham & lemon pepper & mix well.
- Carefully spoon & slightly mound yolk mixture into each hollowed egg white half.
- If using paprika, sprinkle lightly over the green deviled eggs & serve.
Green eggs! What have I done...how could I even...what was I thinking... Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!
Made these delicious deviled eggs to go with our Christmas Eve snacks. Everyone loved them; especially my grandchildren. They loved the color and the combo of ham, honey mustard and the relish. They were a hit and I will definitely make them again! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, December, 2011.
These are great! I made 40 of these for today, St Patricks Day 2011. Brought them to work. They were a hit. I will be making these again!