Recipe by Sydney Mike
Just want Sam-I-Am to know I DO like Green Eggs 'n' Ham, & one of the easiest ways to enjoy 'em is by making a recipe like this! Obviously this recipe is for a group [or someone who REALLY, REALLY likes green eggs]! [I use ONLY Del Monte brand Sweet Pickle Relish, 'cause many of the other brands have a large amount of hig fructose corn syrup.] The 23-minute cooking time for the hard-cooked eggs is not included in preparation time.
- 10 large eggs, hard-cooked
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
- 1 slice honey-baked ham, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully cut eggs into halves lengthwise. Just as carefully, scoop out yolks & into a bowl.
- Mash yolks well, then mix in mayo, mustard & relish.
- Add green food color ONE DROP AT A TIME, mixing well after EACH drop, until desired intensity of green is achieved.
- Add chopped ham & lemon pepper & mix well.
- Carefully spoon & slightly mound yolk mixture into each hollowed egg white half.
- If using paprika, sprinkle lightly over the green deviled eggs & serve.