Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's an original of mine...
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained and shredded
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 hardboiled egg, mashed
- 2 slices cheese slices (to taste)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- Mix first five ingredients together.
- Toast whole grain bread.
- Top two slices with cheese followed by the tuna salad.
- Cover with remaining toasted bread.
- Variation: Green Death Tuna Melt. Fill two pieces of bread with cheese and tuna salad. Butter the outsides of the bread and cook as for grilled cheese sandwiches.
Different, but very good! I used cheddar cheese. Thanks!
This made a very delicious sandwich...thanks for posting. By the way, this made enough filling for 3-4 sandwiches (not a bad thing!).
We enjopyed this twist to a tuna sandwich. The only thing we did different was to add slices of tomato and some lettuce. Will make again. Thanks a-j-b. Bullwinkle.