A quick weeknight meal with lots of flavor. Adapted from a Fine Cooking recipe.
Make and share this Green Curry With Cod and Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cod (halibut or other firm white fish would also work)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 15 ounces can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1-1/2-inch lengths
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, torn into quarters (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 1 handful fresh Thai basil (can substitute Italian basil)
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, thinly sliced on the diagonal (such as red jalapeÃ o or serrano) (optional)
- Cut the fish into bite-size chunks and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a 2- to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until a bit of curry paste just sizzles when added to the pan. Add the rest of the curry paste and cook, pressing and stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula, to soften the paste and mix it in with the oil, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and broth and bring to a simmer. Add the green beans and half the lime leaves (if using) and stir well.Gently simmer, stirring occasionally, until the green beans are almost tender, about 4 minutes. Add the cod, stir, and cook until the fish is just about done, about 2 minutes. Add the fish sauce and sugar and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Tear the basil leaves in half, and stir them into the curry, along with the remaining lime leaves (if using). Let rest for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Serve hot or warm with rice or noodles, garnished with the chile slices (if using).