Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from a few different recipes, my third and first successful attempt at Thai food. This dish combines some of my favorite flavors- peanuts, limes, and cilantro.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can green curry paste (I used Maesri brand)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon lime rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 medium chicken breast (can substitute shrimp, beef, etc.)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons peanuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a pan, bring the coconut milk to a boil until it becomes glossy.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- In another pan, add some oil, onion and green curry paste.
- Cook over high heat for about a minute.
- Add the chicken, stir-fry for a few minutes, until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the peanuts, cook for a few minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, half the cilantro, fish sauce, lime rind, and lime juice.
- Simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice, top with the remaining cilantro.
- Goes great with Thai Iced Coffee!
We didn't have green curry, so we used red curry paste. The lime juice was a great accent.