Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
An authentic Thai dish. A light and fragrant curry enjoyed by many fans of Thai cuisine.
- 226.79 g chicken, sliced
- 88.74 ml green curry paste
- 396.89 g coconut milk
- 59.14 ml fish sauce
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml sliced eggplant
- 28.39 ml bamboo shoot
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 59.14 ml basil leaves
- red chili pepper (to garnish)
- Combine chicken with sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Continue to simmer until chicken is done (approx. 8 minutes).
- Add eggplant, bamboo shoots and lime leaves. Cook until eggplant is tender (approx. 3 minutes). Garnish with basil leaves and chili pepper before serving. Serve with rice.
Made an almost identical recipe from one of my Thai cookbooks last night. It was a little different: I used sweet potatoes instead of eggplant, and I pre-cooked my eggplant in the microwave since it takes longer to cook than chicken does. I diced it and added it at the end.
This is quick to make and is delicious!
I used 2 pounds chicken breast, 1 cup sliced eggplant, 5 ounces bamboo shoots and lite coconut milk keeping all the rest the same. and still found there to be a lot of sauce. Oh I did add more curry paste before serving to kick it up and give it a more vibrant color. I started cooking the chicken and curry and decided to add the rest of the ingredients knowing the chicken would be overcooked and dry if I didn`t. The bamboo shoots give this a cooling effect. Oh I did add one habanaro to the dish as it cooked and removed at serving. WE love heat! Served over a bed of red rice. Thank you for some spice in my life.