Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Can be "supped" like a soup but is nice over rice.
Make and share this Green Curry Tofu Bowl recipe from Food.com.
- 10 fresh green chilies (the Asian ones that are "warm" not "hot")
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice (as needed for moisture)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup water (or stock)
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lb firm tofu (large dice)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- Process the first 11 ingredients until smooth. Start with 1 T lime juice, adding more if it is dry. This is your homemade curry paste! Use about 1/3 of it now, and save the rest (I freeze it in Tablespoon-size scoops).
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil and sauté the onion until soft (5 minutes). Add 3-5 T curry paste (depending on your heat tolerance and the heat of those chillies) and let heat for a minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk and stock or water.
- Tear the lime leaves and add to pan--bringing it to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper and then add the tofu. Cook for about 7-8 minutes on a low simmer (mustn't boil). When ready serve in a bowl or over rice garnished with remaining lime juice and fresh basil.