Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can substitute ginger for the galangal and Kra Chai if you cannot find these ingredients, and likewise coriander stems for the root. This keeps for about 3 months in a sterilised jar in the fridge.
- 15 Thai green chili, fresh
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 40 g galangal, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander root, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, lesser (Kra Chai)
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste or 1 teaspoon salt
- Put chillies, turmeric and garlic in a mortar & pestle (or electric grinder) and pound/grind well.
- Add lemongrass, galangal, coriander, and lime; pound/grind well.
- Add shallot, lesser ginger & shrimp paste - grind/pound until smooth and there are no major lumps.