Try this paste in Thai and Indian dishes. Stir in as much or as little as you desire.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 small fresh green chilies (such as jalapenos, or serranos)
- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass, bulb or 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large shallots, minced or 1/2 small mild onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh shredded gingerroot
- lime zest (A few slivers)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1In a small skillet, roast all the ingredients over medium-high heat until smoking, about 3 minutes.
- 2Transfer to a blender or food processor, and process to a thick paste, adding some water if necessary.
- 3This paste stays fresh for about a month in a covered container in your refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Curry Paste
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.6
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9481.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 179.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.4 g
- Sugars 74.9 g
- Protein 37.6 g