Recipe by Sharon123
Try this paste in Thai and Indian dishes. Stir in as much or as little as you desire.
Top Review by Kimke
This was very easy to whip up and tastes very much like the green curry paste i am used to. I have not used it in a recipe yet, but will update this review when I do. Highly recommended (especially if you have all the ingredients on hand and don't have a can of curry paste).
- 8 small fresh green chilies (such as jalapenos, or serranos)
- 29.58 ml minced lemongrass, bulb or 14.79 ml lemon, zest of
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large shallots, minced or 1 small mild onion
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh shredded gingerroot
- lime zest (A few slivers)
- 4.92 ml coriander seed
- 2.46 ml caraway seed
- 10 peppercorns
- 4.92 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet, roast all the ingredients over medium-high heat until smoking, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor, and process to a thick paste, adding some water if necessary.
- This paste stays fresh for about a month in a covered container in your refrigerator.